From commissioner Jeff Rader: ATTENTION! Road closures this weekend! Road Closures This Weekend on October 28 for The Atlanta Marathon. The Atlanta Marathon is a fall tradition in the South. The annual event attracts runners from all over the US. For those not participating in the event, there are opportunities to take part in the festivities by cheering on the participants. Cheering stations will be set up on Shepherds Lane, the intersection of LaVista Road @ Brookforest Drive and in front of Showcase. Feel free to set up your own cheering stations along the route.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, October 28, 2012!
If you are a church goer, please pay particular attention to the street closures below and make your plans accordingly.
• Johnson Road from E. Rock Spring Road to Briarcliff Road - Right side of Road - 8:20 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
• Briarcliff Road from Johnson Road to Shepherds Lane - Left side of road - 8:20 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
• Shepherds Lane from Briarcliff Road to LaVista Road - Entire Road - 8:25 a.m.- 12:10 p.m.
• LaVista Road from Shepherds Lane to Cheshire Bridge Road - Right side of road - 8:30 a.m.- 12:25 p.m.
• Lindbergh Drive from Cheshire Bridge Road to Peachtree Hills Ave. - Right side of road 8:35 a.m.- 12:40 p.m.
Westbound traffic on LaVista Road will be diverted at Briarcliff Road to Sheridan Road, including MARTA buses. Eastbound traffic on LaVista Road will be
completely blocked periodically to allow runners coming off Shepherds Lane to continue westbound on LaVista Road.
• Please Share This Email!
Have a great weekend-
Our mailing address is:
1300 Commerce Drive
Decatur, GA 30030
Copyright (C) All rights reserved.